Turks & Caicos Island Facts
Some quick facts and Turks and Caicos news:
- Location – 575 Miles S.E. of Miami
- Population – 32,000 people
- Language – English
- Currency – U.S. Dollar
- Climate –
- 75 – 85 F December – April
- 80 – 95 F April – December
- Time Zone – Eastern Standard Time
- Government – The Turks & Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory. HM The Queen appoints a Governor who presides over an Executive Council formed by an elected local self-government. The local Head of State is called The Premier.
- Legal System–English Common Law (based)
- Taxation– There is no direct income tax. Tax revenues are collected primarily through import and stamp duties.
- Travel– The Turks and Caicos airport is accessible and convenient from many cities in North America and Europe. Major airline carriers that service the islands include British Airways, American Airways, US Airways, Delta, Air Canada and Spirit.