(Updated on: July 22, 2021)
We are pleased to share that our Turks & Caicos Islands are open and welcoming international travelers.
The safety and well-being of our guests, team members, and community remain a top priority and we are following the highest guidelines provided by our governmental authorities as we prepare to welcome you.
TURKS & CAICOS ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All visitors entering Turks and Caicos are required to have the following:
- A valid passport
- A negative COVID-19 RT-PCR, NAA, RNA, or Antigen test result (taken within 3 days of their scheduled arrival date)
- Travel health insurance that adequately covers COVID-19 related emergencies and expenses
- A free, TCI Travel Authorization that can be obtained here and includes an online health questionnaire
Each of these requirements is outlined in more detail below.
Your passport must be valid for at least 90 days beyond your scheduled departure date.
Pre-Arrival COVID–19 Test
All incoming guests must receive a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR, NAA, RNA, or Antigen test result within 3 days (72 hours) of your scheduled arrival date. The tests must be taken from a medical laboratory with one of the following credentials:
- Accredited by the the College of Americal Pathologists (CAP);
- Registered by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA);
- ISO 15189 Certification.
It’s important to note that antibody tests and home-based tests are not accepted.
You can find more detailed information about pre-arrival COVID-19 testing requirements on The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board website here.
At this time the Turks & Caicos Government requires all incoming travelers to be in possession of Travel Insurance that covers Covid-19 in-country medical treatment, the cost of quarantine, and repatriation/medivac insurance.
TCI Assured Portal
Turks and Caicos requires all visitors to obtain a free TCI Assured Travel Authorization before boarding their flights to Turks and Caicos. The process is simple:
Once you have received your negative test results document and completed the Insurance requirements, visit the TCI Assured portal accessible via the Tourist Board website to apply for your TCI Travel Authorization.
During the application process, you’ll be required to electronically upload proof of your negative COVID-19 test results and health insurance coverage. You’ll also be asked to complete a health screening questionnaire.
As a precautionary measure, please ensure to print two copies of each document to bring with you.
There is no Quarantine period required upon arrival to the Turks & Caicos Islands for visitors once they have tested negative for the virus.
DEPARTURE REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL AMERICAN AIR-PASSENGERS
COVID Testing Requirements:
As of January 26th, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires that all air-passengers (over the age of 2 years) returning to the United States obtain proof of negative COVID-19 test no more than 3-days prior to boarding their flights home.
In accordance with these new CDC guidelines for all air passengers returning to the United States, The Venetian has partnered with Seven Stars Resort to offer our guests COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing before their departure. Testing will be carried out by a certified lab technician at a designated rapid testing location at the nearby Seven Stars Resort.
To Arrange for Your Rapid Antigen Test:
- Upon arrival and check-in at The Venetian, speak with our concierge about reserving your COVID-19 test to take place three days before your departure.
- Testing must be performed 72 to 24 hours before your departure.
- Same-day results are available (within 30-45 minutes).
- Airlines require that all air passengers provide proof of negative COVID-19 test (or proof of recovery) before boarding. More information here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
- PCR testing is also available at an additional cost of $185 USD per person (subject to change).
Please refer to The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board website for more details about Turks and Caicos COVID-19 testing requirements and facilities.
OUR OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES
- Temperature Checking – Infrared “no-touch” thermometers
- Physical Distancing – Standing 6ft away from others that are not part of your “bubble”
- Hand Sanitizers – Readily available and “touch-less” located throughout the resort
- Health Checks & Procedures – Guests and Staff
Pre-Arrival / Arrival
- Upon arrival, guests will receive a temperature check using an infrared “no-touch” thermometer.
- To reduce contact and time at the front desk, check-in formalities for pre-booked guests will be conducted in advance via email and/or online.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at the reception desk, in all suites and throughout the property.
- The maximum number of guests per elevator car is four unless in one family group.
- All guests are required to wear a protective mask upon check-in, in public areas throughout the resort (and throughout the island) and in close contact with others.
- Facemasks for the number of guests in your party will be provided; if more are required, masks can be purchased from the front reception desk.
- If a guest’s temperature is indicative of a fever (100F or 38C) they will be required to contact the local hospital and subject to quarantine.
- Staff will be wearing masks and/or shields at the front desk.
- Social distancing will be required at the front desk (6ft away from each other).
- The front desk area and its various equipment are sanitized after every guest interaction.
- Pens and keycards are sanitized between use.
- Daily laundry and housekeeping services will be provided.
- Hand sanitizers will be placed in suites.
- Special attention by housekeeping to all switches, appliance controls, doorknobs, countertops, faucets, and remotes.
- Advanced cleaning products used throughout.
- Housekeeping team members are wearing PPE.
- Our Housekeeping Team will maintain the practice of cleaning and disinfecting suites thoroughly after every guest checks out. Each suite is also to be fogged.
- All suites will have been disinfected and sanitized prior to the guest’s arrival.
- All bedding (linen, towels, mats/carpets, upholstery, etc.) and in-room equipment and appliances will be sanitized prior to the suite being prepared for the guest’s arrival.
- All in-suite amenities will be sanitized such as bottled shower gel, bar soap, amenity shampoo, etc.
- Housekeeping staff will work with PPE, wearing masks and or shields and protective gloves.
- Daily housekeeping services will still be provided.
- There will be a pause on guest “opt-out” cleaning. All guest suites will be cleaned daily.
- To reduce contact with the staff, guests will be asked to leave their rental suite during housekeeping cleaning service.
- Advance scheduling of fitness center by guests to ensure reduced capacity.
- Guests are asked to please ride the elevator alone, or ONLY WITH FAMILY MEMBERS.
- Beach and pool loungers are placed in groupings 6 feet apart.
Additional Sanitization Measures
- Public Spaces – from elevators, pool rails and loungers to our fleet of bikes – all will under-go strict sanitization protocols after each use, at regular intervals throughout the day.
- All activities are restricted to families and private groups.
- Private babysitting services are available in guest suites.
- Limited to two guests at a time on a first come first serve basis, using a Signup form.
- The gym equipment and all high-touch areas will be sanitized after each use.
- A sanitizing station is available.
Pool & Beach
- Chairs and sun loungers on our pool and beach have been spaced out to practice safe and comfortable social distancing.
- Groups are restricted to no more than 6 guests unless you are part of the same family.
- Our pools will continue to be cleaned every morning and will be monitored throughout the day to ensure guests are following social distancing guidelines.
- All pool and beach loungers will be set up with appropriate social distancing
- All loungers, chairs and tables will be sanitized and disinfected after each use.
- Beach chairs are sprayed at resort opening and closing.
Moving Around the Resort Property & Within Common/Public Areas
- PPE must be worn when moving around the property; using pathways, hallway and corridors.
- PPE must be worn when accessing the parking lot, the front desk.
STAFF WELLNESS, EDUCATION AND VIGILANCE
- Employee Health and Safety Awareness – We are supporting our employees through proper hygiene protocols and cleaning standards. Staff is instructed to wear gloves, and masks as currently mandated by the government.
- We perform temperature checks on each staff member upon arrival to work.
- Hand Hygiene – We require our staff to wash their hands frequently and have strategically placed hand sanitizing stations around the resort to ensure that they have easy access to disinfectants.
- We require our staff to practice social distancing and respiratory hygiene.
- Ongoing Training – We continually inform and update team members about how the virus can spread and require them to exercise vigilance in their day-to-day practices.
- Real-time Information – We monitor new information daily from the CDC and WHO websites, and we ensure that our team takes all appropriate action.