In Honour of Everyone’s Favourite People: Grandparents!
National Grandparents Day originated in 1978 in the United States. Dedicating a national day to celebrate and honour Grandparents Day has since been adopted, and rightfully so, by several countries around the world.
While each country has a different date earmarked for Grandparents Day, the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia and Italy all host National Grandparents Day between September and October.
And so, in the spirit of celebrating everyone’s favourite people, here’s just a few reasons why you should bring your Grandparents on a family trip to Turks and Caicos.
In Italy, Grandparents Day is referred to as la Festa dei Nonni. La Festa dei Nonni has also been given an official flower: the forget-me-not, and an official song “Tu Sarai” with a lyrical message that speaks of the positivity of uniting generations–from kids to parents to grandparents. Planning a family trip to Turks and Caicos is the perfect way to bring all three or four generations of your family together to make memories that you’ll all cherish for years to come.
Imagine All Three or More Generations of Your Family Experiencing These Fun Activities Together:
- Grandma and Grandpa, relaxing by the pool or under the comfortable shade of a beach umbrella while building sandcastles with the youngest grandchildren and watching the older kids play in the surf,
- Exploring the island’s shops and cafes with Grandma before everyone meets up to enjoy the sunset over Happy Hour snacks, sodas and cocktails.
- Enjoying a round of golf at Provo Golf Club together where kids aged 15 and under play free when accompanied by a full-paying adult after 10:30am. Provo Golf Club also offers discounted Green Fees for teens aged 16 – 18, making it a welcoming place for your family’s golf enthusiasts of all ages.
- Chartering a private boat for sport fishing, or exploring the island with an afternoon catamaran cruise and snorkeling adventure.
- Picnicking on one of many of Providenciales idyllic beaches. Many of Provo’s beaches offer the convenience of beach chairs and umbrella rental, and some even offer rum punch, refreshments and other water toys and activities. This means you and your family don’t have to pack much other that yourselves, your sunblock and a cooler full of snacks for a fun-filled day at the beach.
- Enjoying fresh local food, live music, arts & crafts and fun activities together at Provo’s Island Fish Fry, every Thursday evening from 5:30pm to 9:30pm at nearby Bight (Children’s) Park.
- Marking your special family vacation with professional family portraits by Turks and Caicos photographer, Ileana Ravasio.
Turks and Caicos Is the Perfect Destination for Families for Several Reasons:
- No language barrier! The official language in Turks and Caicos is English and many locals also speak French, Italian and Spanish.
- It’s safe to leave your resort and explore everything the islands have to offer.
- On the island of Providenciales (aka “Provo”) Turks and Caicos’ most popular destination, dining, shopping, beaches and activities are all within easy access to resorts.
- The beaches are clean and boast soft white sand and calm and clear turquoise waters with plenty of shallow areas that are perfect for families to relax, play and enjoy.
- From golf and fishing to diving, snorkeling, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding and more, there’s plenty of things to do in Turks and Caicos that all ages and abilities can enjoy.
- Compared to many other Caribbean destinations, the islands of Turks and Caicos, while popular, are relatively less busy or crowded resulting in plenty of opportunities to enjoy the privacy and tranquility.
- Family-friendly resorts such as the Venetian on Grace Bay that have in-suite kitchens and laundry facilities mean your family can pack light and stock up on your favourite snacks and dietary requirements while you’re here.
- Resorts such as The Venetian also offer complimentary amenities including bicycles, tennis courts, barbeque grills and concierge services.
- While you’ll probably prefer the taste of chilled bottled water for drinking, the tap water in Providenciales is safe to drink and cook with, making it one less thing to worry about during your family trip to Turks and Caicos.
Luxury Accommodations Ideal for Families of All Sizes
When you’re planning a family trip to Turks and Caicos, you’ll ideally want everyone to stay together within the same resort complex. This makes it easier to coordinate activities, enjoy dinners together and get together poolside while still enjoying the privacy of your own space. The Venetian on Grace Bay offers excellent accommodations for families.
The Venetian on Grace Bay resort offers comfortable and luxurious one, two and three bedroom suites. Every suite at the Venetian is oceanfront and comes with a fully-equipped, gourmet kitchen, in-suite laundry facilities, spacious sitting areas and a screened-in porch overlooking idyllic Grace Bay Beach. And the resort hosts a variety of complimentary amenities to enjoy during your stay.
The resort is located on the eastern end of Grace Bay Beach which tends to enjoy more tranquility and privacy while still being within short driving or bicycling distance from shopping, dining and activities.
Plan your family trip to Turks and Caicos between September 1st and December 19th and save 40% off all suites.