Okay, so it’s no secret that the place for romance is in the sublime Turks & Caicos Islands. Indeed from the stunning sunsets to the fragrant bougainvillea, to the clean, bright turquoise waters to the white sandy beaches, TCI is tropical paradise heaven. But where are the very best places to go with your lover? To experience that
Caribbean magic, to escape together in a place full of wonder and discovery?
1. Grace Bay Beach. You’ll probably want to start on Grace Bay Beach. This award-winning stretch of beach is ranked #1 by many travel magazines and websites. Even though tourists love it, it’s not difficult to find a secluded stretch on Grace Bay to take a romantic walk with your loved one. You can also bring chairs, dig your toes in
the sand, zone out and revel in each other’s company. With all of the solace you will be able to spend quality time with each other and you will be able to recount fantastic memories of beautiful shared moments; perhaps of your wedding, your first date, that hilarious thing that happened in Las Vegas. You’ll also get to do this whilst staring out at one of the most beautiful views on Earth…..not a bad way to spend a day, eh?
2. Long Bay Beach. Long Bay Beach is also spectacular for solitude and for reminiscing with your loved one on the treasured times gone past and for planning the happy times to come in the future. Some people prefer Long Bay because there is more natural beauty, meaning no resorts in sight. Pack a picnic lunch and lounge around in the comfy sand all afternoon, enjoying the warmth of the tropical sun and the warmth of each other’s affections.
3. Coco Bistro. For an elegant night out on the town, dine at Coco Bistro, the Turks’ #1 ranked gourmet restaurant. It’s all about fresh seafood here, with delicious dishes such as Conch Ravioli and Grilled Tiger Shrimps with West Indian Coconut Curry. Be prepared to share something sweet afterwards, as the decadent dessert menu offers up Fried Banana Fritters with Caramel Sauce and Callebaut Belgian Chocolate Fondue For Two. Oh my! Also, palm trees, twinkling lights and a bright orange facade will make this one perfect night to remember.
4. Island Vibes’ Private Sunset Tour. Sip on rum punch as you both lounge in comfort and style on the rooftop deck and watch a most spectacular sunset. Let the cool ocean breezes caress your face as you glide through the water and sample the fine wine and gourmet cheeses. Tropical Caribbean nightlife at its best.
5. Mudjin Harbor. Truly get away from it all as you venture out to Middle Caicos for some incredible hiking and for some unforgettable panoramic ocean views. Rumored to be the most photographed place in the Turks & Caicos, Mudjin Harbor boasts lush greenery, openfaced sea caves, craggy limestone cliffs and a rocky little enclave named Dragon Cay. Dragon Cay is accessible by a soft pink sandbar, and pelicans and reef sharks can be spotted in this area. Back in Conch Bar Village, you can nosh on a delicious conch burger dipped in tartar sauce or you can stay in Mudjin Harbor till the sun sets on yet another fantastic day in the beautiful and sublime Turks
& Caicos Islands.