(Updated on: May 01, 2022)
While the pandemic has changed a lot about travel and vacation planning, a few things that haven’t changed are the natural splendor of our beaches, the upbeat vibe of our island community, and the perfect balance of fun and relaxation that visiting Turks and Caicos offers.
We know guests have a lot of questions about visiting Turks and Caicos since our borders reopened to visitors, and we are going to do our best to stay on top of important updates as things develop. Here’s an outline of the commonly asked questions we receive and what you need to know about visiting Turks and Caicos this year.
What is required from me to visit Turks and Caicos?
(As of May 01, 2022), the Turks and Caicos Government made updates to pre-entry requirements for all visitors and residents of the Turks and Caicos Islands as follows:
- All visitors aged 18 and older must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Visitors under the age of 18 and those who are medically exempt are not required to be vaccinated.
- Visitors are no longer required to undergo Covid 19 testing before arriving in Turks and Caicos.
- Visitors are no longer required to apply for Travel Authorization or complete a health screening questionnaire.
- Visitors are no longer required to obtain travel insurance with comprehensive COVID-19 coverage. However, visitors will be responsible for costs related to medical care, hospitalization, quarantine and testing if they test positive for COVID 19 during their stay.
- Masks/Face Coverings are no longer required.
For details on full vaccination requirements, exemptions and more, please click here to view the updated entry requirements page on the Turks and Caicos Islands Government, Ministry of Health and Human Services website.
#1 Valid Passport
Your passport must be valid for at least 90 days beyond your scheduled departure date.
#2 Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
(As of May 01, 2022), the Turks and Caicos government requires all visitors (18 years of age and older) to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Full vaccination status means that visitors have received the required series of accepted mRNA or Adenovirus vector vaccines or a combination of the two. Please click here for a complete outline of WHO-approved vaccines.
To be considered fully vaccinated, visitors must have received the final dose of their required vaccines at least 14 days before their scheduled arrival in Turks and Caicos.
According to The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board, accepted proof of vaccination are as follows:
- E-certificate/digital certificates, e.g. CVS, Walgreens, NHS
- Certification by doctor or government entity
- Vaccination cards/certificates accepted by national authorities: e.g. EU, US, UK (i.e. CDC, NHS)
- a vaccination letter signed by a medical professional (physician or registered nurse) on official letterhead with contact details — doctors registration or licensed # should be included with details of the first and second dose (date, country and vaccine you received)
- Authorized government entity or printed record from an electronic vaccination database
For requirements before departing Turks & Caicos:
Please refer to our Policies and Procedures page for more detailed instructions on pre-departure testing requirements, restrictions and recommendations.
#3 (Optional) Consider obtaining travel insurance
(As of May 01, 2022) The Turks and Caicos government no longer requires that all arriving guests have valid Travel Insurance with COVID-19 related coverage. However, visitors are responsible for costs associated with medical treatment, quarantine, testing and medivac costs if they test positive for COVID-19 and require treatment during their visit.
Please visit the Turks and Caicos Government Ministry of Health and Human Services website for more information on the above pre-entry requirements.
Will I have to self-quarantine when I arrive?
Self-quarantine won’t be required unless you develop COVID-19 symptoms following your arrival.
Will I have to wear a mask everywhere?
Masks and face covering are no longer required around the island, with few exceptions, including public transit and in indoor settings when social distancing cannot be maintained.
You will be required to wear a mask during transport to and from your resort while visiting the resort lobby, and while moving throughout the resort’s common areas. While the Turks and Caicos Government encourages all guests and citizens to wear masks and social distance while out in public and engaging with people who are outside of the group you are travelling with, you are not required to wear a mask while you are in your suite, at the beach, seated in restaurants, or enjoying water activities.
Is an island curfew in effect?
As of December 01, 2021, there is no curfew in effect on any of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Are restaurants and shops still open?
Yes! Restaurants and shops are open for you to enjoy during your visit. Guests should expect shops and restaurants to require that all patrons sanitize their hands and wear a mask when entering and/or moving throughout their premises, but not once seated.
When it comes to dining, the Government of Turks and Caicos recommends that guests only dine at restaurants that display a TCI Assured Certification seal. The seal indicates that the restaurant is compliant with COVID-19 health and safety requirements, providing guests with that extra measure of safety.
Expect all dining establishments to require you to:
- Use a handwashing station before being seated
- Wear a mask while entering and leaving the restaurants, but not while you’re seated
- Practice social distancing at all times
- Make reservations in advance if your group consists of more than 6 people
Will I still be able to enjoy outdoor excursions and activities while visiting Turks and Caicos?
Absolutely! Charters and activity operators are still offering excursions to visitors while adopting COVID-19 health protocols.
New protocols may include:
- Limiting the size of excursion groups to families (you and the people you are visiting Turks and Caicos with)
- Practicing social distancing at all times
- Depending on the activity, requiring masks while boarding charters, or booking a round of golf, but not necessarily during the actual activity
- Increased sanitization measures of surfaces and equipment between guests
We always recommend that guests inquire with each operator about requirements and protocols before booking excursions.
How long can I stay?
Guests are welcome to holiday in Turks and Caicos for up to 90 days. For this reason, The Venetian offers special rates for guests staying with us for two weeks or more. Should you wish to stay longer, you can apply to extend your stay for an additional 90 days by visiting an Immigration Department while you’re here. You can find more information about extended stays here.
What extra things is the resort doing to protect me from COVID?
While we’ve always prided ourselves on our cleanliness, the Venetian Resort is taking extra measures to help protect the comfort, safety, and wellbeing of each guest.
Visit our Policies and Procedures page here for a detailed outline of our health and sanitization protocols and the extra steps we’re taking around the resort to best ensure your comfort and safety during your stay with us.
What kinds of things should I pack along with me?
If you’re staying at the Venetian resort while visiting Turks and Caicos, you’ll have your own private kitchen and laundry facilities to use while you’re here, limiting how much you need to pack for your trip. You’ll also be able to purchase a lot of things here if you forget to bring something.
Other than bringing along your usual warm-weather essentials, we recommend that you pack the following:
- Ample water-resistant sunblock: reef-safe, mineral-based sunblocks are ideal but not required.
- Hats and sunglasses: You can find a lot of fun hats and new shades while you’re here, but it’s always a good idea to bring your favorite beach hat and polarized sunglasses with you.
- All prescription and over-the-counter medications you may require.
- Your camera or smartphone to capture gorgeous pictures of your adventures during your visit.
- Your iPod and favorite iTunes/playlists! The Venetian Resort offers complimentary iPod docking stations in all rooms so you can enjoy your favorite vacation tunes while you’re here.
- Hand sanitizer, hand wipes, and masks to carry with you at all times. While the resort and many establishments will provide access to masks and hand sanitization, it doesn’t hurt to bring your own for convenience. Hand wipes are great for cleaning armrests and tabletops during your flight, and before enjoying a snack at the beach.
If I develop COVID-19 symptoms or feel ill after arriving in Turks and Caicos, what do I do?
If you or anyone in your travel party require medical treatment or experience COVID-19 symptoms while visiting Turks and Caicos, you are required to immediately contact your resort’s health provider before contacting The Ministry of Health COVID-19 hotline at 649-232-9444 or 649-333-0911 for further instruction.
Should you require emergency medical treatment during your visit:
The Turks and Caicos Islands have two hospitals that can provide treatment:
- The Cheshire Hall Medical Centre in Providenciales
- The Cockburn Town Medical Centre in Grand Turk
What do I need to do before returning home to the United States from Turks and Caicos?
As of October 25, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires that all air passengers (aged 2 years and older) returning to the United States obtain proof of negative COVID-19 test no more than 1-day prior to boarding their flights home.
In accordance with these new CDC guidelines for all air passengers returning to the United States, The Venetian has partnered with Family Choice Medical Center to offer our guests COVID-19 (Antigen & PCR) testing on-site before their departure. Testing will be carried out by a certified lab technician at a designated rapid testing location within the Venetian Resort’s property.
To arrange for your pre-departure COVID-19 test:
- Upon arrival and check-in at The Venetian, speak with our concierge about reserving your COVID-19 test to take place no more than 1-day prior to your departure.
- Airlines require that all air passengers provide proof of negative COVID-19 test (or proof of recovery) before boarding. More information here.
- Antigen testing costs $60.00 USD per person and PCR testing costs $185 USD per person (subject to change).
Please refer to our Policies and Procedures page for more detailed instructions on pre-departure testing requirements, restrictions and recommendations, or The Turks and Caicos Tourist Board website for details about Turks and Caicos COVID-19 testing facilities.
Is there anything else I need to know before visiting Turks and Caicos?
While planning a trip now requires more preparation than it used to, visiting Turks and Caicos is worth the effort. With a few extra safety precautions and common sense, the Turks and Caicos Islands still offer plenty of pristine beaches, sunshine, food, culture, and fun activities to safely enjoy while you’re here.
Need help planning your Turks and Caicos vacation? These local travel agents in Turks and Caicos know everything there is to know about our magnificent island, including the best excursions, places to dine, and things to explore during your visit.
If you have any further questions about visiting Turks and Caicos, feel free to contact us at 1-877-277-4793 or email us at email@example.com for more information. We’re happy to help and would love to welcome you to our island!
Luxury and Comfort in Paradise
Nestled on the quieter end of Grace Bay Beach, the Venetian Resort offers a quiet and relaxing haven to guests while being within close proximity to dining, shopping, and activities.
Our condo-style, oceanfront suites, complete with full-sized and equipped, gourmet kitchens, private laundry facilities, spacious sitting areas, and screened-in porches, offer you all the comforts of home with one of the most beautiful beaches in the world at your doorstep.
Experience Turks and Caicos for yourself and save up to 40% on luxury accommodations when you book direct and take advantage of our seasonal offers. If you plan on visiting Turks and Caicos for two weeks or longer, ask us about our special long-term rates. We look forward to welcoming you to our resort and island!